Saturday, August 18, 2012

I Love You, and Your Triglycerides, Too.

I have been blessed to know some pretty fantastic human beings in my life.  Family, friends, teachers, church folk...I've had a wealth of generous, loving souls to grace my path through this life.  The southern cook in me wants to say "I love you" with food, but sometimes the food that traditionally says "I love you" isn't so loving from a health perspective.  So for some of those folks, I'm going to post a few recipes that say not just "I love you," but "I'd like you to be around for a long, long time."

Asian Boot-to-the-Head sauce

1/2 c. organic low-sodium soy sauce (yes, organic.  Don't get me started on GMO soy.)
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp raw honey
1 chili pepper (cayenne is my favorite, but use what you like, mild to oh-my-goodness-is-that-legal)
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 small piece ginger, grated (about the size of your pinkie's first segment)

Combine in bowl and whisk briskly, or place in clean jar and shake.  Use immediately, or refrigerate. Makes a fabulous dipping sauce for steamed veggies, shrimp or chicken, over brown rice, or stay tuned for some more uses!

2 comments:

  1. What's GMO soy? I am allergic to all kinds of it, but I was just wondering. My wonderful mom found a recipe for soyless soy sauce; I bet it could be substituted in this yummy-sounding recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy recipe,thanks for making this available on blog..maybe next you could make another with name of bow rain boots..lolz..

    ReplyDelete